Free Consultation! 888-807-9675

Contact Us!

Contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation!


I am a Philadelphia police officer. I suffered serious injuries when I was assaulted by a suspect. What should I do to protect my Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation claim?


Each year, more than 58,000 law enforcement officers are assaulted while working. These assaults result in approximately 16,000 injuries. Unfortunately, many of these officers do not get full compensation for their injuries.

If you are an injured police officer, you must take steps to protect your Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation claim.

How to Protect Your Workers’ Compensation Claim

  1. Report your injury. Report your injury to your supervisor immediately. Fill out any required paperwork or accident reports.
  2. Ask for a list of designated health care providers. Your employer should give you a list of at least six physicians to choose from. You may choose any of these doctors.
  3. Tell the doctor that you were injured at work. Don’t assume that he knows that you were hurt on the job. Be specific. Explain exactly what you were doing and how the injury occurred.
  4. Make sure your forms are filed correctly. Your employer, or his insurance company, has 21 days to issue a form entitled Notice of Compensation Payable. This form shows that the insurance company agrees that you sustained a work-related injury. If you have not received this form, follow up with your employer to make sure the forms were properly filed.
  5. Request your free copy of Your Guide To PA Worker’s Compensation. This complimentary booklet explains your rights and obligations.
  6. Discuss your claim with an attorney. Mednick, Mezyk & Kredo, P.C., offers free initial consultations to injured workers in Pennsylvania. If your claim is denied or delayed, give us a call at 888-807-WORK. We’ll be happy to look over your case at no charge.