Free Consultation! 888-807-9675

Contact Us!

Contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation!


I work with chemicals at my job in Philadelphia. What eye protection do I need to keep my eyes and vision safe?


When it comes to keeping your eyes and vision safe from harm, there are several types of protective devices and procedures you can, and should, follow. Chances are your employer has protocols in place when it comes to the handling of chemicals as well as the equipment required for the job. It is, however, important to know what should be used to keep your vision and eyesight safe to help limit and prevent work-related eye illnesses and injuries.

Common Eye Protection

Depending on the types of chemicals you are exposed to, one of the following common types of eye protection should be used:

  • Goggles
  • Face shields
  • Safety glasses
  • Full-face respirators


Be sure to confirm with your supervisor, employer or local safety union to ensure the proper protection is being used.

Protection for Prescription Lens Wearers

Many safety goggles are designed to fit over standard prescription lenses. Prescription safety glasses may also be available, but are not as helpful in protecting against splashes and droplets as goggles are. Prescription inserts may also be available for tighter fitting face shields and respirators.

Working with chemicals can be incredibly dangerous. Proper handling techniques and protective gear are vital to protecting the most sensitive parts of your body such as eyes, ears, nose, mouth and skin. If you or someone you love has experienced a work-related eye injury or illness, you might be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. These benefits are designed to assist you with medical treatment and lost wages as a result of your workplace illness or injury. To learn more about your eligibility for workers’ compensation benefits, call us for a free consultation at 888-807-WORK (9675).